Monday, 23 April 2012

William Eggleston


My chosen photographer is William Eggleston. Here are some examples of his work:

  
   
  

I chose to do William Eggleston because his photos resemble the style I like to shoot in and I feel I will learn good skills. William Eggleston photographs are also realistic for me to shoot because they involve everyday situations.
William Eggleston was born on July 27, 1939 in Memphis Tennessee He was 18 when he got his first camera and in the year 1967 he presented his work to John Szarkowski at the museum of modern art, in New York. He is an American photographer who is widely credited with increasing recognition for colour photography as a legitimate artistic medium to display art in galleries. His work is characterised by its ordinary subject matter. He became a lecturer in Harvard University. An Eggleston photograph might include 'old tires, Dr Pepper machines, vending machines, power wires, torn posters and no parking signs. 'William Eggleston includes colour widely in his pictures and uses ordinary things so I am going to try to incorporate this into my pictures. 
  
  Shooting was harder than I thought it would be because the way the images were staged was quite hard to shot, such as the layout of the rooms and the specific items in the photographs. I took pictures of objects from around the house. I started off by taking pictures of simple things such as one lone object.






  
But then I went on to take pictures of more interesting things and playing with the angle and colour, like the rose, and the radiator.



  
  




    I finally went onto take pictures more in the style of William Eggleston. I took a picture of the top of a sofa, and the curtains and window at the back of the sofa which plays with the colour because inside the house it is dark, with brown colours, but outside the window there is the blus sky, it is bright, and there are green trees, and a red shed. All these things gives a nice contrast of colours, which is William Egglestons style. Another picture I took in the style of William Eggleston is the one taken through the glass door to the fire place. This picture has a lot of colour inside of it and shows a fireplace inside a home. Alot of his photographs are taken inside a house, or building, showing furniture.






This is the picture I chose to reshot. Here is the original and my copy.

  

It was very hard to get the same angle as the original picture so I had to take a few and choose the best one.



No comments:

Post a Comment